Modern residential security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete easy security chores like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Jamestown, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Jamestown For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your property, which you may customize within your smartphone app. This convenient tool then tracks your mobile device to determine when you cross the perimeter and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to interact with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all components onto a single network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and program what actions you want to take place as you go past the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your property, you may set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are several of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Jamestown. When accessing the security app, you can make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain devices activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan if the fire alarm trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your security camera detects strange movements outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks engage when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Jamestown
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (601) 292-9548 or complete the form below to get started on your perfect security system.