Security cameras can easily be placed as a warning—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras come equipped with a number of features all built to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these tools enable you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Jamestown.
How To Set Up Your Jamestown Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your security cameras is mounting your devices in the right areas within your house. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common rooms such as the living room or family room. It’s also a great notion to set a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your porch, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your home that aren’t quite as important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom can impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Jamestown. The features listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your mobile device whenever strange movement is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin recording when motions are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your home security cameras to capture footage and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with people through the device. Via your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, provides a more comprehensive look at any space. Look for cameras that have at least 120-degree angle lens or that can pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that can produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Jamestown is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security can go from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (601) 292-9548 or submit the form below to begin building your home security system today.